Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 3 Deliverables







This week I was asked to create three different maps using ArcGIS and ArcCatalog. Map 1 called for loading data from ArcCatalog and integrating into ArcGIS. I used the data to create a map following the instructions posted on e-learning. The first map proved to be challenging in several ways. First, my data did not allow me to change certain aspects that the guide prompted for nor did it show the tabs for a few of them which led to a lot of straying into other tabs to find what I needed to accomplish. Overrall, the map turned out ok but probably not exactly as required.
Map 2 called for starting with the map left off by map 1 which proved a little problematic since my map 1 did not turn out perfect. The biggest problem I had with this map was getting the inset map to its appropriate location. I would suggest starting with a perfect map to help avoid trouble compounding on itself through the exercises.
Map 3 turned out to be fairly straight forward. After loading data from Arc Catalog I was asked to compare a stretched and classified format to the elevation map. I toggled briefly between each view then finished the map with relative ease.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    Good work. It's always a good idea to clear selected features before exporting your work. It will remove those bright blue outlines on your work.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete